A broad range of industry-compliant SFP+ modules for 10 Gigabit Ethernet deployments in diverse networking environments.
The Cisco® 10GBASE SFP+ modules (Figure 1) give you a wide variety of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, enterprise wiring closet, and service provider transport applications.
Features and benefits
- Cisco SFP+ modules offer the following features and benefits.
- Industry’s smallest 10G form factor for greatest density per chassis
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into an Ethernet SFP+ port of a Cisco switch (no need to power down if installing or replacing)
- Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model for investment protection and ease of technology migration
- Digital optical monitoring capability for strong diagnostic capabilities
- Optical interoperability with 10GBASE XENPAK, 10GBASE X2, and 10GBASE XFP interfaces on the same link
- Cisco quality Identification (ID) feature enables a Cisco platform to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco
Cisco SFP-10G-SR module
The Cisco 10GBASE-SR Module supports a link length of 26m on standard Fiber Distributed Data Interface (FDDI)-grade Multimode Fiber (MMF). Using 2000MHz*km MMF (OM3), up to 300m link lengths are possible. Using 4700MHz*km MMF (OM4), up to 400m link lengths are possible.