The Avago AFBR-57F5xMZ is an optical transceiver module that supports high speed serial links over multi-mode optical fiber at signaling rates up to 14.025 Gb/s (the serial line rate of 16GFC). The product is compliant with Small Form Pluggable industry agreements SFP and SFP+ for mechanical and low speed electrical specifications. High speed electrical and optical specifications are compliant with ANSI Fibre Channel FC-PI-5.
The AFBR-57F5xMZ is a multi-rate 850nm transceiver which ensures compliance with FC-PI-5 16GFC, 8GFC and 4GFC specifications. Per the requirements of 16GFC, internal clock and data recovery circuits (CDRs) are present on both electrical input and electrical output of this transceiver. These CDRs will lock at 14.025Gb/s (16GFC) but must be bypassed for operation at 10.3125 Gb/s (10GE), 8.5Gb/s (8GFC) and 4.25 Gb/s (4GFC), accomplished by using two Rate Select inputs to configure transmit and receive sides. Transmitter and receiver can operate at different data rates, as is often seen during Fibre Channel speed negotiation.
Digital diagnostic monitoring information (DMI) is present in the AFBR-57F5xMZ per the requirements of SFF-8472, providing real time monitoring information of transceiver laser, receiver and environment conditions over a SFF-8431 2-wire serial interface.
- Compliant to RoHS directives
- 850nm Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL)
- Class 1 eye safe per IEC60825-1 and CDRH
- Wide temperature range (0°C to +85°C)
- LC duplex connector optical interface conforming to ANSI TIA/EIA604-10 (FOCIS 10A)
- Diagnostic features per SFF-8472 “Diagnostic Monitoring Interface for Optical Transceivers”
- Enhanced operational features including EWRAP, OWRAP and variable electrical EQ/emphasis settings
- Real time monitoring of:
- Transmitter average optical power
- Received average optical power
- Laser bias current
- Supply voltage
- SFP+ mechanical specifications per SFF-8432
- SFP+ compliant low speed interface
- Fibre Channel FC-PI-5 compliant high speed interface
- 1600-SN-M6-S, 800-SN-M6-S, 400-SN-M6-I
- 1600-SN-M5-S, 800-SN-M5-S, 400-SN-M5-I
- 1600-SN-M5E-I, 800-SN-M5E-I, 400-SN-M5E-I
- 1600-SN-M5F-I, 800-SN-M5F-I, 400-SN-M5F-I
- Fibre Channel FC-PI-5 compliant optical link distances
- AFBR-57F5UMZ Interoperable with 10GE compliant transceivers @ 10.3125 Gb/s per IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-SR standard and Avago’s 10G-USR transceivers up to 100m using OM3 MMF and 125m OM4 MMF