Lenovo RackSwitch G8264 48 Port 10Gb + 4 Port 40Gb
The Lenovo RackSwitch™ G8264 that uses 10Gb SFP+ and 40Gb QSFP+ Ethernet technology is designed for the data center. It is ideal for today’s big data, cloud, and optimized workload solutions. It is an enterprise class Layer 2 and Layer 3 full featured switch that delivers line-rate, high-bandwidth switching, filtering, and traffic queuing without delaying data. Large data center grade buffers help keep traffic moving, while the redundant hot-swap power supplies and fans and numerous availability features help provide high availability for business sensitive traffic.
The RackSwitch G8264 is ideal for latency sensitive applications, such as high-performance computing clusters and financial applications. In addition to the 10 Gb Ethernet (GbE) and 40 GbE connections, the G8264 also can use traditional 1 GbE connections. The G8264 supports the newest protocols, including Data Center Bridging/Converged Enhanced Ethernet (DCB/CEE) for Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and iSCSI and network attached storage (NAS).
The RackSwitch G8264 is shown in the following figure.
2 Key features
The RackSwitch G8264 is considered particularly suited for the following environments:
- The G8264 supports several types of configurations: 1 GbE, 10 GbE, 40 GbE, vNIC, Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE/DCB), NAS, and iSCSI.
- The G8264 with SFP+ technology is the ideal solution for clients who want low latency and low power consumption.
- The G8264 supports stacking for up to eight switches by using a single switch image and configuration file that shares one IP address and one management interface for simplified management.
- The G8264 supports Data Center Bridging (DCB), the group of protocols from IEEE that provide lossless Ethernet and with which clients can reduce the costs of implementing the following features:
- NAS or iSCSI convergence and priority-based flow control
- FCoE by aggregating switch ports before connecting to more costly upstream Fibre Channel gateway devices
- The G8264 can be configured in easy connect mode to allow for transparent and simple connectivity to the upstream network, which enables easy connectivity to upstream Cisco, Juniper, or other networks without changing those networks.
- Lenovo offers the on-switch VMready® software that reduces the complexity of managing virtual machines (VMs) in the network.
- The G8264 is SDN ready with its OpenFlow support. With OpenFlow, you can easily create user-controlled virtual networks, optimize performance dynamically, and minimize complexity when it is used with an OpenFlow controller.
- The G8264 plays a vital role with Virtual Fabric, which reduces costs and complexity in environments in which four or more NICs are needed per server. An example is virtualization, where clients often need up to eight NICs per server.
The RackSwitch G8264 offers the following features and benefits:
- High performanceThe 10 Gb/40 Gb switch provides the best combination of low latency, non-blocking line-rate switching, and ease of management. It has a throughput of 1.28 Tbps.
- Lower power and better coolingThe RackSwitch G8264 typically uses 330 W of power, which is a fraction of the power consumption of most competitive offerings. Unlike side-cooled switches, which can cause heat recirculation and reliability concerns, the front-to-rear or rear-to-front cooling design of the G8264 reduces data center air conditioning costs by having airflow match the servers in the rack. In addition, variable speed fans help to automatically reduce power consumption.
- StackingWith the G8264, a single switch image and configuration file can be used for up to eight switches, which shares only one IP address and one management interface.
- Lenovo Virtual FabricThe G8264 can help customers address I/O requirements for multiple NICs while reducing cost and complexity. By using Virtual Fabric, you can carve a physical NIC into multiple virtual NICs (2 – 8 vNIC) and create a virtual pipe between the adapter and the switch for improved performance, availability, and security.
VM-aware networkingVMready software on the switch simplifies configuration and improves security in virtualized environments. VMready automatically detects VM movement between physical servers and instantly reconfigures each VM’s network policies across VLANs to keep the network up and running without interrupting traffic or affecting performance. VMready works with all leading VM providers, such as VMware, Citrix Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Layer 3 functionalityThe G8264 includes Layer 3 functionality, which provides security and performance benefits as inter-VLAN traffic stays within the switch. This switch also provides the full range of Layer 3 protocols from static routes for technologies, such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) for enterprise customers.
- Seamless interoperabilityRackSwitch switches perform seamlessly with other vendors’ upstream switches.
- Fault toleranceRackSwitch switches learn alternative routes automatically and perform faster convergence if there is a link, switch, or power failure. The switch uses proven technologies, such as L2 trunk failover, advanced VLAN-based failover, VRRP, and Hot Links.
- MulticastThe G8264 supports IGMP Snooping v1, v2, and v3 with 2 K IGMP groups. It also supports Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), such as PIM Sparse Mode or PIM Dense Mode.
- Converged fabricThe G8264 switch supports CEE and connectivity to FCoE gateways. CEE helps enable clients to combine storage, messaging traffic, VoIP, video, and other data on a common data center Ethernet infrastructure. FCoE helps enable highly efficient block storage over Ethernet for consolidating server network connectivity. As a result, clients can deploy a single server interface for multiple data types, which can simplify deployment and management of server network connectivity while maintaining the high availability and robustness that is required for storage transactions.
- OpenFlow enabledThe RackSwitch G8264 is the first 10 GbE switch to offer benefits of OpenFlow. OpenFlow is the new open API that enables the network administrator to easily configure and manage virtual networks that control traffic on a “per-flow” basis. It creates multiple independent virtual networks and related policies without dealing with the complexities of the underlying physical network and protocols. The G8264 is also the ideal switch to use with industry compliant OpenFlow controllers.
- Transparent networking capabilityWith a simple configuration change to Easy Connect Mode, the RackSwitch G8264 becomes a transparent network device that is invisible to the core and eliminates network administration concerns of Spanning Tree Protocol configuration and interoperability and VLAN assignments and avoids any possible loops.By emulating a host NIC to the data center core, it accelerates the provisioning of VMs by eliminating the need to configure the typical access switch parameters.
3 Components and connectors
The front panel of the RackSwitch G8264 is shown in the following figure.The front panel of the G8264 includes the following components:
- One Mini-USB RS-232 console port that provides another means to configure the switch.
- One USB port for mass storage devices.
- 48x SFP/SFP+ ports to attach SFP/SFP+ transceivers for 1 GbE or 10 GbE connections or DAC cables for 10 GbE connections.
- 4x QSFP+ ports to attach QSFP+ transceivers or DAC cables for 40 GbE or 4x 10 GbE connections.
- One RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port for out-of-band management.
The rear panel of the RackSwitch G8264 is shown in the following figure.
The rear panel of the G8264 includes the following components:
- Two redundant hot-swap AC power supplies (IEC 320-C14 power connector)
- Four hot-swap fan assemblies with N+1 redundancy
4 System specifications
The following table lists the RackSwitch G8264 system specifications.
|Form factor||1U rack mount|
|Media types||40 Gb Ethernet QSFP+:
10 Gb Ethernet SFP+:
1/10 Gb Ethernet SFP+:
1 Gb Ethernet SFP:
|Data traffic types||Unicast, multicast, broadcast.|
|Software features||Lenovo Networking OS:
Layer 2 switching, Layer 3 switching, virtual local area networks (VLANs), VLAN tagging, spanning tree protocol (STP), link aggregation (trunk) groups (LAGs), virtual LAGs (vLAGs), Hot Links, Layer 2 failover, quality of service (QoS), stacking, Edge Virtual Bridging (EVB), VMready, OpenFlow, IPv4/IPv6 management, IPv4/IPv6 routing, IPv4 virtual router redundancy protocol (VRRP), IPv4 policy-based routing (PBR), virtual NICs, Unified Fabric Port (UFP), Converged Enhanced Ethernet, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) transit switch operations.
|Performance||Non-blocking architecture with wire-speed forwarding of traffic:
|Cooling||Four 3+1 redundant hot-swap fans. Rear (non-port side) to front (port side) or front to rear airflow.|
|Power supply||Two load-sharing, redundant hot-swap 450 W AC (100 – 240 V) power supplies (1x IEC 320-C14 connector on each power supply).|
|Hot-swap parts||SFP/SFP+/QSFP+ transceivers, SFP+/QSFP+ DAC cables, power supplies, fans.|
|Management ports||1x 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port (RJ-45); 1x RS-232 port (Mini-USB); 1x USB port (for additional firmware, log, and configuration files storage).|
|Management interfaces||Industry standard command line interface (isCLI); SNMP v1 and v3; Netconf (XML). Optional Lenovo XClarity for discovery, inventory, monitoring and events.|
|Security features||Secure Shell (SSH); Secure Copy (SCP); Secure FTP (sFTP); user level security; Role-based Access Control (RBAC); LDAP/LDAPS, RADIUS, and TACACS+ authentication; access control lists (ACLs); port-based network access control (IEEE 802.1x).|
|Hardware warranty||Three-year Customer Replaceable Unit limited warranty with 9×5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered. Optional warranty service upgrades are available through Lenovo: onsite service, 24×7 coverage, 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, Premier support, and basic installation services.|
|Software maintenance||Three-year software support and subscription is included in the base warranty. Optional 1-year and 2-year warranty extensions include software support and subscription.|
|Mean Time Between Failures||165,990 hours with ambient operating temperature of 40° C.|
|Dimensions||Height: 44 mm (1.7 in.); width: 439 mm (17.3 in.); depth: 513 mm (20.2 in.)|
|Weight||10.5 kg (23.1 lb).|
Tham khảo các Switch khác tại đây.
Sản phẩm tương tự
Thiết Bị Mạng
Switch Cisco Nexus N3K-C3048TP-1GE 48 10/100/1000 Ports 4x10Gbps
Chưa có đánh giá nào.